Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
During the academic year 2019/2020, we at Barden Primary School aim to :
- Bought into the Burnley Sports Partnership
- Provided specialist coaches to aid and support Teaching staff with the delivery of P.E. in school in Dance, gymnastics and through CPD delivered by the SSCO.
- Bought Sports equipment to ensure lessons and clubs are well resourced.
- Purchased new sports kits to compete in, providing a sense of pride and passion in being involved in sports and competitions at Barden.
- Released our P.E. coordinator to help with the development of the staff across a number of areas of the P.E. curriculum.
- Provided CPD opportunities for staff to develop any weaknesses in the curriculum, through a combination of the sports specialist, P.E. lead and SSC)
- Through the employment of a sports specialist, we have been able to:
- deliver quality extra-curricular activities to children in all classes across key stage 1 and 2.
- Provided quality support with curriculum activities for staff across all age groups.
- Delivered Change for life sessions to a wider proportion of children in key stages 1 and 2.
- Provided more opportunities for inactive children to participate in sport – through ability groupings and extra-curricular groups.
- Developed sports ambassadors, a sports crew and sports leaders who were incorporated brilliantly in delivering sports throughout the school.
- increased the amount of competitive sporting opportunities available to all children both through intra-competitions (competitions between year groups in school) and inter-competitions (competitions between different schools.
- provided a wider range of extra-curricular sports clubs for children in Key stage 2 to take part in – including football, netball, gymnastics, contact rugby, tag rugby, multi-skills, indoor athletics, basketball and dodgeball. More were scheduled for later on in the year but due to the onset of Covid-19 unfortunately they could not take place.
- Enrichment activities were provided for groups of children from each class, providing a broader experience of sport.
- Quality intervention was provided for children in every year group.
- Daily Mile was fully embedded into the school life contributing to every child completing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.
- Successful links were made with community clubs, with a number of children joining Burnley Rugby club after an extra-curricular contact rugby club.
Underspend from 2019/2020 will be carried over to the 2020/2021 sports premium funding.
During the academic year 2020/2021, we at Barden Primary School aim to
- buy into the Burnley Sports Partnership
- Provide specialist coaches to aid and support Teaching staff with the delivery of P.E. in school.
- Release our P.E. coordinator to help with the development of the staff across a number of areas of the P.E. curriculum.
- Provide CPD opportunities for staff to develop any weaknesses in the curriculum
- Hire specialist sports coaches to deliver quality extra-curricular clubs.
- Aim to deliver Change for life sessions to a wider proportion of children.
- Provide more opportunities for inactive children to participate in sport, through the use of a hired sport coach.
- To provide opportunities for lower key stage two children to complete their level one in Bikeabilty.
- To provide opportunities for upper key stage two children to complete their level two and three in Bikeabilty.
- To give the opportunity and encourage the involvement of children as sports ambassadors, attending meetings with other schools in the cluster.
- increase the amount of competitive sporting opportunities available to all children both in and out of school through intra and inter competitions
- provide a wider range of extra-curricular sports clubs available to both key stage one and two
- To buy in specialist coaches that can deliver enrichment activities to a range of classes, providing a different sporting experience.
- To enable to the use of a full time sports coach at Barden. This will provide support in key areas, such as; P.E. lessons, CPD, intervention, competition involvement, raising the profile of sport within school and the community.