FISH FINGER LASAGNE
(This recipe was found in our First News Newspaper)
"Fish Fingers in a lasagne?" we hear you ask. YES! It might be controversial, but give this recipe a go and you'll be rewarded with a tasty and creamy non-Italian classic!
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Number of servings: 2 (depending on portion size)
- 10 Birds Eye Cod Fish Fingers
- 200g Birds Eye Garden peas
- 400g spinach
- 2 leeks (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 60g plain flour
- 25g butter
- 800ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- 18 lasagne sheets (or enough to fit)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C, fan 210C, gas mark 8.
- Put the Birds Eye fish fingers onto a baking tray in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- While the fish fingers are cooking, add olive oil to a shallow pan, then the diced carrot and leek. Add butter. When it's melted, add the flour. Stir it, then add milk, stirring as you go. Finally add the grated Parmesan and season with pepper.
- Take a rectangular oven-proof dish and spread a quarter of the sauce over the bottom. Place six lasagne sheets on top of the sauce. Spoon another quarter of the sauce over the lasagne sheets and sprinkle half the cooked garden peas over the top of the sauce (check the bag to know how to cook them!) Add half the spinach (cooked according to the instructions on the packet) on top of the peas. Once the fish fingers are cooked, place half of them over the spinach and cover with six more lasagne sheets.
- Repeat the layers by spooning over another quarter of the sauce, add the rest of the peas and spinach, then the rest of the fish fingers, cover with six more lasagne sheets and finally cover with the last bit of sauce. Sprinkle more Parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180C and serve with a side salad.
(If you have a favourite recipe you would like to share, please speak to Mrs. Hart or send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)