- 500g self raising flour
- 300-500ml water
- A pinch of salt
- Optional-jam, honey, marmalade, chocolate chips.
- Put your flour and salt in a plastic air-tight bag, set a bit of flour aside for later.
- Gradually add the water and mix everything together, massaging the bag.
- On a clear surface (you can use your plastic bag), knead the dough by moulding it into a ball, pressing down and then reshaping it.
- Roll or shape the dough into a long sausage shape.
- Find a good, clean, fresh stick (or a metal/wood skewer) and wind your dough around it.
- Put your stick over the fire/BBQ to cook. After a few minutes, your dough will turn into delicious bread.
- Spread or dip with your topping of choice and enjoy your hard-earned meal in the great outdoors.
Please send a photo if your decide to give this recipe a go.